Holy Trinity Respect Life Corner
"We look forward to the Christmas gala every year. The meal is always outstanding, the room is decorated lavishly, and the entertainment is Broadway quality. In the busyness of the season, it helps to get my heart and priorities in the right place for Advent."
To be Catholic is to be pro-life. Our Church has always taught that human life begins at the moment of conception, that we are made in the image and likeness of God, and that every life is precious. It is our duty as Catholic Christians to protect life.
Holy Trinity's Respect Life Group hosts an annual Christmas Gala to raise money for Iowans For LIFE - the Catholic Pro-Life group. The gala is a wonderful way to celebrate Advent and prepare your heart for Christmas. A fabulous meal will be served at the Saturday show and you will be entertained with some of the most beautiful Christmas music ever written. The Sunday matinee features a dessert bar.
Tickets for the Saturday night event usually sell out. Tickets go on sale at 9pm on October 3rd, right after the Iowans for LIFE banquet. We hope to see you there!
“I wish to restate as firmly as I can that abortion is a grave sin, since it puts an end to an innocent life. In the same way, however, I can and must [state] that there is no sin that God’s mercy cannot reach and wipe away when it finds a repentant heart seeking to be reconciled with the Father.”
Loving all life from conception to natural death.
Holy Trinity's Respect Life Committee advocates, educates, and prays for an end to abortion and for respect for the dignity of human life from conception to natural death. We make it our mission to be a presence of love in our parish, our city and our world.
Our committee prays a rosary for life every thursday night in our adoration chapel at 6:15. Join us.
OUR PROJECTS INCLUDE:
- Hosted a panel discussion on end-of-life issues;
- Regular inspirational respect life messages in the bulletin;
- Baby bottle campaign for Innversions Health Care;
- Hosting fundraising breakfasts to send students to the March for Life;
- Sponsoring a spiritual adoption event;
- Sponsoring a baby shower for the House of Mercy;
- Sponsoring a chili cook-off to raise money for more Holy Trinity students to go to the March for Life;
- Sponsoring a fundraising breakfast to raise money for Illumination Media;
- Gathering for prayer at the annual Life Chain;
- Gathering for prayer in front of Planned Parenthood as part of 40 Days for Life.
- Sponsoring a diaper drive for BirthRight.
- Hosting the Crescendo Event, which included the screening of a pro life movie and a rousing panel discussion;
- Producing a yearly Christmas Gala & Dinner to raise money for Iowans for Life.